Instructions for Posting Job Ads
Revision as of 07:28, 22 May 2013 by Pdturney
- This page explains how to insert a job ad in the page Employment opportunities, postdoctoral positions, summer jobs.
- You must have an account on the ACL Wiki and be logged in to the account in order to edit.
- If you are not familiar with Wikis, read about how to edit.
- Do not merely copy and paste plain text into the Wiki page. Wiki text contains special formatting codes. It is not simply plain text.
- If you use plain text without proper Wiki formatting, your readers will believe that your company is incompetent and unfamiliar with modern technology.
- Post your job ad by clicking on the edit tab at the top of the page Employment opportunities, postdoctoral positions, summer jobs. Do not use the  links on the right edge of the page Employment opportunities, postdoctoral positions, summer jobs.
- To see examples of how to write Wiki text, look at the source text of existing ads in edit mode.
- Use the Show preview button at the bottom of the edit window to make sure your text displays properly.
- If your edits damage another job ad or the header of the page, the page will be restored to an earlier version and your edits will be removed.
- Jobs are listed in chronological order of posting: first is newest, last is oldest.
- Please include the following information in your job ad:
- Rank or Title
- Specialty (e.g., Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Machine Translation)
- Date Posted
- Contact email or link to website
- If you have questions or comments about these instructions, post them here: Talk:Employment opportunities, postdoctoral positions, summer jobs