Morphology software for English
Tools and Software for English - Morphology and part of speech tagging
For languages other than English, see List of resources by language.
- Catvar 2.0 - The Categorial Variation Database for English (OSL)
- HFST - Helsinki Finite-State Transducer Technology - FST library, command line tools, hfst-twolc (a rule compiler for two-level rules), and several spellers and morphological analyzers (GPL)
- FOMA - finite-state toolkit (similar to Xerox XFST), created and maintained by Måns Huldén (GPL)
- lttoolbox -- lexical processing tools for building morphological analysers/generators with XML specification files. Includes data for English (both analysis and disambiguation). (GPL)
- PC-KIMMO - a Two-level Processor for Morphological Analysis, including KGEN, KTEXT, and Englex
- SFST - Stuttgart Finite State Transducer Tools (GPL)
- Where is the data for English?
- MULTEXT mmorph - (unmaintained) two-level morphology, package includes some data for English and German, (GPL2 or later)
- MAP - Cambridge/Edinburgh Morphological Analyzer and Dictionary System (gratis download, no license information)
- CELEX database - Dutch, English, and German word forms
- FONOL - Phonological Programming Language (non-commercial only)
- German Morphology Browser
- Hebrew Morphological Parser
- MORLEX - A lexical database for French
- morpha and morphg - fast and robust morphological analysis and generation for English, from John A. Carroll (non-commercial only)
- MORFOGEN - a Morphology Grammar Builder and Dictionary Interface Tool
- NOMLEX - a dictionary of English nominalizations
- TULIP - a two level phonological formalism
- Xerox/PARC - finite-state morphological analysis/generation using xfst, lexc, twolc
Part of speech tagging
- ACOPOST - A Collection Of PoS Taggers Maximum Entropy Tagger, Trigram Tagger, Transformation-based Tagger, Example-based tagger
- Illinois LBJ POS Tagger - Uses averaged Perceptron based sequential model. Java API, Free, open source license.
- GENiA- part-of-speech tagging, shallow parsing, and named entity recognition for biomedical text. C++, BSD license.
- NLTK - Natural Language Toolkit Regexp Tagger, N-Gram Tagger, Brill Tagger, HMM Tagger, plus a freely downloadable book with a chapter on tagging
- RelEx - provides English-language part-of-speech tagging, entity tagging, as well as other types of tags (gender, date, money ...), after performing a deep parse, so that tags agree with parse. Also provides resulting stems. Apache 2.0 License.
- Spejd - Shallow Parsing and Disambiguation Engine a GPL tool for simultaneous rule-based morphosyntactic disambiguation and partial parsing
- Tagger training on the Apertium Wiki (HMM + constraint based)
- VISL Constraint Grammar rule based disambiguation (GPL)
- Is there a Free set of rules for English?
Combined morphology and tagging
- XTAG - tools for parsing and grammar development, including morphological analysis and tagging, as described in XTAG System - A Wide Coverage Grammar for English and A Freely Available Wide Coverage Morphological Analyzer for English
- Korean morphological analyzer and part-of-speech tagger
- NEUCSP - a tool for Chinese Word Segmentation and POS tagging