Named entity recognizers
Revision as of 03:26, 10 December 2008 by Ratinov2
Software - Named entity recognizers
- Greek named entity recognizer (version 2) - currently identifies temporal expressions, person names, and organization names; see here for publications describing the recognizer
- Balie Baseline implementation of named entity recognition.
- English named entity recognizer - identifies/classifies entities as Person, Location, Organization and Misc (this last category relates to languages and nationalities); fast and robust; try the demo
-  - Java API to the UIUC NER tagger. Uses gazetteers extracted from Wikipedia, word-class model built from unlabeled text and extensively uses non-local features. Achieves 90.8F1 score on CoNLL03 shared task and is robust on other datasets.
- Stanford NER Conditional Random Fields based NER. Also incorporates distributional similarity based features extracted from the English Gigaword corpus.