Named entity recognizers
From ACL Wiki
Revision as of 11:25, 7 September 2012 by Pdturney
Tools and Software for English - Named entity recognizers
For languages other than English, see List of resources by language.
- Balie Baseline implementation of named entity recognition.
- GATE includes the ANNIE gazeteer-based NER subsystem.
- GENiA- part-of-speech tagging, shallow parsing, and named entity recognition for biomedical text. C++, BSD license.
- Illinois NER Java-based Illinois NER tagger. Uses gazetteers extracted from Wikipedia, word-class model built from unlabeled text and extensively uses non-local features. Achieves 90.8F1 score on the CoNLL03 shared task data and is robust on other datasets. Try the Illinois-NER-Demo
- Stanford NER Conditional Random Fields based NER. Also incorporates distributional similarity based features extracted from the English Gigaword corpus.
- Older version of Illinois NER - identifies/classifies entities as Person, Location, Organization and Misc (this last category relates to languages and nationalities); fast and robust; try the demo
- Wikimeta is an API service based on various methods (rules, CRF) for named entity extraction and linking to the semantic web. It works trough on-line web form and also provide Part of Speech tagging.