Noun-Modifier Questions (State of the art)
- multiple-choice noun-modifier questions
- 2,180 seven-choice questions for evaluating noun-modifier composition models
- questions derived from WordNet
- split into 680 questions for training (e.g., development, parameter tuning) and 1,500 questions for testing
- introduced in Turney (2012)
Stem: coin collector Choices: (a) numismatist (b) coin (c) collector (d) coinage (e) aggregator (f) reflectiveness (g) plasma Solution: (a) numismatist
Table of results
Turney, P.D. (2012). Domain and function: A dual-space model of semantic relations and compositions, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), 44, 533-585.
Turney, P.D. (2013), Distributional semantics beyond words: Supervised learning of analogy and paraphrase, Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL), 1, 353-366.