Paraphrase Identification (State of the art)
- Microsoft Research Paraphrase Corpus (MSRP)
- see Dolan, Quirk, and Brockett (2004)
- train: 4076 sentence pairs (2753 positive: 67.5%)
- test: 1725 sentence pairs (1147 positive: 66.5%)
- Sentence 1: Amrozi accused his brother, whom he called "the witness", of deliberately distorting his evidence.
- Sentence 2: Referring to him as only "the witness", Amrozi accused his brother of deliberately distorting his evidence.
- Class: 1 (true paraphrase)
Dolan, B., Quirk, C., and Brockett, C. (2004). [http://acl.ldc.upenn.edu/C/C04/C04-1051.pdf Unsupervised construction of large paraphrase corpora: Exploiting massively parallel news sources], Proceedings of the 20th international conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2004), Geneva, Switzerland, pp. 350-356.