Question Answering (State of the art)
Answer Sentence Selection
The task of answer sentence selection is designed for the open-domain question answering setting. Given a question and a set of candidate sentences, the task is to choose the correct sentence that contains the exact answer and can sufficiently support the answer choice.
- QA Answer Sentence Selection Dataset: labeled sentences using TREC QA track data, provided by Mengqiu Wang and first used in Wang et al. (2007).
|Punyakanok (2004)||Wang et al. (2007)||0.419||0.494|
|Cui (2005)||Wang et al. (2007)||0.427||0.526|
|Wang (2007)||Wang et al. (2007)||0.603||0.685|
|H&S (2010)||Heilman and Smith (2010)||0.609||0.692|
|W&M (2010)||Wang and Manning (2010)||0.595||0.695|
|Yao (2013)||Yao et al. (2013)||0.631||0.748|
|S&M (2013)||Severyn and Moschitti (2013)||0.678||0.736|
|Shnarch (2013) - Backward||Shnarch (2013)||0.686||0.754|
|Yih (2013) - LCLR||Yih et al. (2013)||0.709||0.770|
- Vasin Punyakanok, Dan Roth, and Wen-Tau Yih. 2004. Mapping dependencies trees: An application to question answering. In Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA.
- Hang Cui, Renxu Sun, Keya Li, Min-Yen Kan, and Tat-Seng Chua. 2005. Question answering passage retrieval using dependency relations. In Proceedings of the 28th ACM-SIGIR International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Salvador, Brazil.
- Wang, Mengqiu and Smith, Noah A. and Mitamura, Teruko. 2007. What is the Jeopardy Model? A Quasi-Synchronous Grammar for QA. In EMNLP-CoNLL 2007.
- Heilman, Michael and Smith, Noah A. 2010. Tree Edit Models for Recognizing Textual Entailments, Paraphrases, and Answers to Questions. In NAACL-HLT 2010.
- Wang, Mengqiu and Manning, Christopher. 2010. Probabilistic Tree-Edit Models with Structured Latent Variables for Textual Entailment and Question Answering. In COLING 2010.
- E. Shnarch. 2013. Probabilistic Models for Lexical Inference. Ph.D. thesis, Bar Ilan University.
- Yao, Xuchen and Van Durme, Benjamin and Callison-Burch, Chris and Clark, Peter. 2013. Answer Extraction as Sequence Tagging with Tree Edit Distance. In NAACL-HLT 2013.
- Yih, Wen-tau and Chang, Ming-Wei and Meek, Christopher and Pastusiak, Andrzej. 2013. Question Answering Using Enhanced Lexical Semantic Models. In ACL 2013.
- Severyn, Aliaksei and Moschitti, Alessandro. 2013. Automatic Feature Engineering for Answer Selection and Extraction. In EMNLP 2013.