SIGFSM officers, board and business meetings
This page describes the people and the bodies that are responsible for the administration of SIGFSM.
- 2013-2015 Andreas Maletti (President), Thomas Hanneforth (Treasurer), Måns Hulden (Secretary)
- 2010-2012 Anssi Yli-Jyrä (President), Thomas Hanneforth (Treasurer), Laurette Pretorius (Secretary)
The term of the elected officers started on January 1, 2013 and is to end in 2015. Thus the new elections are due October 2015 and the nominations of the candidates in August 2015.
- Liaison Representative in ACL 2015: Nina Seemann
- Email List Resource Manager: Thomas Hanneforth
- Web Site Resource Manager: Thomas Hanneforth, Anssi Yli-Jyrä, Andreas Maletti
- Web Content Resource Manager: Thomas Hanneforth, Anssi Yli-Jyrä, Andreas Maletti
International Advisory Committee
The members of the International Advisory Committee (IAC) were nominated in 2010, 2012, and 2015 by the elected officers and they are will continue to serve as board members until further notice.
- Matthieu Constant (Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, France) — since 2010
- Tim Fernando (Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland) — since 2012
- Thomas Hanneforth (University of Potsdam, Germany) — since 2010 — Treasurer
- Colin de la Higuera (Nantes University, France) — since 2010
- Måns Hulden (University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA) — since 2012 — Secretary
- Laura Kallmeyer (Heinrich-Heine University of Düsseldorf) — since 2015
- Lauri Karttunen (Stanford University, USA) — since 2010
- Kevin Knight (USC/Information Sciences Institute, USA) — since 2010
- András Kornai (Harvard University, USA & Budapest Institute of Technology, Hungary) — since 2010
- Andreas Maletti (University of Stuttgart, Germany) — since 2010 — President
- Mark-Jan Nederhof (University of St. Andrews, Scotland) — since 2015
- Jakub Piskorski (Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw) — since 2010
- Laurette Pretorius (University of South Africa, South Africa) — since 2010
- Heiko Vogler (Dresden University of Technology, Germany) — since 2015
- Atro Voutilainen (University of Helsinki, Finland) — since 2012
- Bruce W. Watson (Stellenbosch University, South Africa) — since 2010
- Anssi Yli-Jyrä (University of Helsinki, Finland) — since 2010
- Menno van Zaanen (Tilburg University, The Netherlands) — since 2010
- Lynette van Zijl (Stellenbosch University, South Africa) — since 2010
Although the IAB is not directly elected, any SIGFSM member can contact a board member or the elected officers in order to propose a new IAB member. We would like to see that the board has representatives for different continents, countries, FSM schools and other interests felt in the field. Obviously, this goal is not yet fully achieved. Please help improve the representativeness of the board!
SIGFSM Business Meetings
An official Business Meeting is needed when we have higly controversial or constitutional matters to be discussed. The dates of these meetings are separately announced to the SIGFSM members by email or in the home page of an endorsed workshop or conference.
- A SIGFSM Business Meeting: at FSMNLP 2013, St. Andrews, Scotland, July 2013.
- A SIGFSM Business Meeting: at FSMNLP 2015, Düsseldorf, Germany, June 2015.