Semantic relation identification
Semantic relation identification: examining relations between lexical items in a sentence. The task, given a sample of semantic relation types, is to identify and classify semantic relations between nominals (i.e., nouns and base noun phrases, excluding named entities); a main purpose of this task is to assess different classification methods. Another task is, given a sentence and two tagged nominals, to predict the relation between those nominals and the direction of the relation.
SemEval and Semantic relation identification
- SemEval-2007 Task 4: Classification of Semantic Relations between Nominals
- SemEval-2010 Task 8: Multi-Way Classification of Semantic Relations Between Pairs of Nominals
- SemEval-2010 Task 9: Noun Compound Interpretation Using Paraphrasing Verbs and Prepositions
- SemEval-2012 Task 2: Measuring Degrees of Relational Similarity
- SemEval-2013 Task 4: Free Paraphrases of Noun Compounds