ETS (Educational Testing Service), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a global $1.3B not for profit organization. Our mission is to advance quality and equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments, performing educational research and influencing policies that promote learning, performance, education and professional development. As a nonprofit corporation and an innovator in developing tests for clients in education, government and business, we are dedicated to advancing educational excellence for the communities we serve.
In the context of this position, we will turn to your skills and scientific/technical expertise to conceptualize, design, obtain support for, conduct and manage major research and/or development projects, particularly those in which natural language processing (NLP) techniques are applied to problems in education or assessment. Your responsibilities would include planning a long-term substantive research agenda, designing/conducting complex scientific studies, disseminating results and implications of projects and functioning as an expert in the major facets of the program. This position further offers the opportunity to generate or contribute to new or modified NLP theories and methodology and provide leadership for the development of new products or services for education and for the conduct of major projects in automated scoring and NLP.
Our qualifications include:
- A Ph.D in Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics or Computer Science
- Eight years of independent research experience providing evidence of continuing and substantial contributions to a field of study
- A strong statistical and machine learning background
- Demonstrable contributions to new and/or modified theories of Natural Language Processing and their implementation in automated systems
- Practical expertise with NLP tools and fluency in at least one major programming language (e.g. Java, Perl, C/C++, Python)
- The ability to lead the development of proposals for major research, development, or large-scale NLP projects,
- Ability to develop, promote and maintain professional relationships as representative, consultant or advisor to external advisory or policy boards and councils, research organizations, educational institutions and educators
- Familiarity with the application of NLP tools to educational problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and to work collaboratively with a diverse set of contributors
We offer a competitive salary and excellent compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, paid time off and an employee assistance program. Please apply online at: http://ets.pereless.com/careers/index.cfm?fuseaction=83080.viewjobdetail&CID=83080&JID=104122&type=&cfcend