2009Q3 Reports: SIGLEX
The following siglex board officers are serving until 2010:
President: Diana McCarthy, University of Sussex Secretary: Eneko Agirre, University of the Basque Country
Executive Board: Mona Diab, Columbia University Katrin Erk, University of Texas at Austin Roberto Navigli, University of Rome "La Sapienza" Sebastian Pado, University of Stuttgart Carlo Strapparava, ITC-IRST, Trento
Board Member with Special Portfolio/Webmaster: Ken Litkowski, CL Research
In accordance with the SIGLEX constitution, we will begin the nomination process for the 2010-2012 board at the start of next year and will pass to the new board after SemEval 2010. We currently have 367 members and manage membership and mailing lists using the website developed and maintained by Ken Litkowski.
Plans for SemEval-2010 are underway with Katrin Erk and Carlo Strapparava as the SemEval-2010 co-chairs overseeing a total of 18 tasks. We held a SIGLEX/SemEval meeting at NAACL 2009 with SIGLEX board members and past and previous SemEval chairs. A workshop (SEW-2009 see below) was held at NAACL 2009 to promote discussion on future directions for SemEval.
During 2008-2009, SIGLEX has endorsed the following 7 events:
- GEometrical Models of Natural Language Semantics (GEMS). Workshop at European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL), 2009-03-30, Megaron Athens International Conference Center, Athens, Greece.
- Unsupervised and Minimally Supervised Learning of Lexical Semantics. Workshop at NAACL-HLT 2009, 2009-06-05, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- SEW-2009 - Semantic Evaluations: Recent Achievements and Future Directions. Workshop at NAACL-HLT, 2009-06-04, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- Multiword Expressions: Identification, Interpretation, Disambiguation and Applications (MWE 2009) 2009-08-06, Workshop at the ACL/IJCNLP 2009 Conference (Singapore).
- TextGraphs-4: Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing
2009-08-07. Workshop at the ACL/IJCNLP 2009 Conference (Singapore).
- GL2009: Generative Lexicons: From Theory to Implementation. Workshop at 2009-09-17, ILC-CNR, Pisa, Italy.
- eLexicography in the 21st century: New challenges, new applications. Workshop at Centre for English Corpus Linguistics (CECL), 2009-10-22, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.