2010Q3 Reports: SIGLEX
The following SIGLEX board officers are serving until 1st August 2010:
- President: Diana McCarthy, Lexical Computing Ltd.
- Secretary: Eneko Agirre, University of the Basque Country
- Mona Diab, Columbia University
- Katrin Erk, University of Texas at Austin
- Roberto Navigli, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
- Sebastian Pado, University of Stuttgart
- Carlo Strapparava, ITC-IRST, Trento
Board Member with Special Portfolio/Webmaster: Ken Litkowski, CL Research
In accordance with the SIGLEX constitution, we ran a nomination process for the 2010-2013 board in January this year and conducted an electronic ballot of our members to determine the incoming board. Voting closed 31st May, 112 members had voted and the incoming board with be:
- President: Eneko Agirre
- Secretary: Mona Diab
- Information officers: Tim Baldwin, Katrin Erk, Anna Korhonen, Mark Stevenson
- Web master: Ken Litkowski
We will pass to the new board 1st August 2010, with a business meeting at ACL 2010. We currently have 402 members and manage membership and mailing lists using the website developed and maintained by Ken Litkowski.
Katrin Erk and Carlo Strapparava served as SemEval-2010 co-chairs overseeing a total of 18 tasks. The SemEval workshop will be held at the ACL 2010 meeting.
SIGLEX sponsored SemEval-2: Evaluation Exercises on Semantic Evaluation. Workshop at ACL, 2010-07-15, Uppsala.
SIGLEX additionally endorsed the following events this year:
- Cognitive Aspects of the Lexicon: Enhancing the Structure and Lookup Mechanisms of Electronic Dictionaries. Workshop at COLING 2010, 2010-08-22, Beijing, China.
- Multiword Expressions: from Theory to Applications (MWE 2010). Workshop at COLING 2010, 2010-08-21, Beijing, China.
- GEometrical Models of Natural Language Semantics (GEMS). Workshop at Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL-10), 2010-07-15, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Negation and Speculation in Natural Language Processing. Workshop at Antwerp University - Saarland University, 2010-07-10, Uppsala, Sweden.