2011Q3 Reports: SIGSEM
Report on SIGSEM by Johan Bos (June 2011)
The current SIGSEM membership counts 728 members. The database needs to be cleaned up as there is a relatively large number of registered members whose email addresses aren't valid anymore. This was planned for the past term but hasn't been executed yet. We will put this on our priority list.
The current board is composed of: Johan Bos (President); Katrin Erk (Secretary); Luciana Benotti (Information Officer); Paul Buitelaar (Information Officer); Alexander Koller; (Information Officer); Christian Pietsch (Information Officer). For current contact addresses please look here.
The major event since the last report co-organised by SIGSEM was IWCS-2011, the ninth International Conference on Computational Semantics. IWCS-2011 took place in Oxford, UK, on 12-14 January 2011. A conference report was written for SIGSEM by Elena Cabrio. IWCS was a succesful event, with 110 submissions and 50 accepted papers (30 long, 20 short). The next IWCS is tentativily planned for January 2013 in Potsdam, Germany.
The events endorsed by SIGSEM in 2010 were:
- GEMS 2010: Uppsala, Sweden, 15-16 July 2010
- Negation and speculation in natural language processing: Uppsala, Sweden, 10 July 2010
- NASSLLI 2010 WORKSHOP on Inference from Text: Bloomington, IN, USA, 21-25 June 2010
- SemDial 2010: Poznań, Poland, 16-18 June 2010
- GIVE-2: The Second GIVE Challenge