Tutorial teacher instructions
Instructions for Tutorial Teachers
Conference Handbook - Tutorial Instructions
Thank you for your proposal to present a tutorial in conjunction with COLING/ACL '98. We would like you to proceed with the tutorial.
I assume that your workshop will be of 3 hours duration and you will be available to present it on either the morning or the afternoon of Sunday 9th August. Please let me know if that is not the case.
As tutorial teacher you will be responsible for:
- Providing a short summary of the workshop topic to be included in the advertising material for COLING/ACL '98 by April 1st. This summary should contain a clear statement of the level of expertise expected of tutorial participants.
- Production of camera-ready copy for the Tutorial Notes by July 1st 1998 at the latest.
The COLING/ACL '98 Organizing Committee will be responsible for the following:
- Advertising the tutorial as part of the conference (you are of course free to distribute any additional advertising you wish)
- Setting the registration fee and dealing with registration of participants.
- Providing the venue for the tutorial and any associated organization.
- Production of Tutorial Notes from camera-ready copy and their distribution to participants.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to cancel any tutorial if deadlines are missed, or if the number of registered attendees is too low to support the costs related to organizing and running the tutorial.
You are encouraged to send a preliminary overview of the tutorial material, or a URL, to Pierre Isabelle <isabelle@IRO.UMontreal.CA> for posting on our web site.
Please contact me if you have any questions or require any other assistance.
Author: Pierre Isabelle, 1998.