Final CFP: First International Optimization Techniques for Human Language Technology
Final CFP: First International Optimization Techniques for Human Language Technology(http://www.iitp.ac.in/opthlt2012/)
Extended Submission Deadline: October 22, 2012
Prof. Aravind K.Joshi has kindly agreed to be a keynote speaker of the workshop
The First International Workshop on Optimization Techniques for Human Language Technology (http://www.iitp.ac.in/opthlt2012/) will be held in conjunction with COLING-12. The aim of the workshop is to bring together the communities who are working in the areas of evolutionary computation, optimization techniques, machine learning, language technology/Natural Language Processing, information retrieval, and text mining. The workshop will be a starting platform to explore the possibilities of interdisciplinary research that will focus on developing optimization based methods within the context of human language technology. Almost all the research and development activities in human language technology rely on the high level of performance to satisfy the users intended needs, and have to deal with many objectives and parameters. For example, in Information Retrieval, it is often necessary to optimize the recall and precision parameters. In automatic summarisation, it is desired to optimize different objective functions like similarity to user query, ROUGE metric, important sentence score, and difference in length between the scored sentence and the desired sentence. Other examples of optimization in NLP include parsing, machine translation, and computational models of language acquisition.
We will solicit submissions in, but not limited to, the following topics:
1. General and Evolutionary Algorithms in Optimization Techniques.
2. Optimization Techniques for Sentence Classification and Automatic
3. Optimization in Question-Answering.
4. Optimization in Named Entity Recognition, Part-of-Speech Tagging
and other sequential learning problems.
5. Optimization in Machine Translation.
6. Optimization in Information Extraction and Information Retrieval.
7. Optimization in Sentiment Analysis, Anaphora/Coreference resolution etc.
8. Optimization techniques in bio-informatics and biomedical text
9. Optimization techniques in the broad areas of Artificial Intelligence and Language Technology.
Instruction to Authors
Please use the submission and formatting guidelines of COLING workshops (http://www.coling2012-iitb.org/). The COLING 2012 style files are:
* Microsoft Word: http://www.coling2012-iitb.org/doc/coling-word.zip
Three submission formats:
Full papers (14 A5 sized pages with any number of reference pages)
Short papers (8 A5 sized pages with any number of reference pages)
Demo papers (6 A5 sized pages with any number of reference pages)
Three presentation formats:
There will be three presentation formats: oral for full paper, Poster for short paper and Demo. Papers are in English. AT SUBMISSION TIME, PLEASE ANONYMISE everywhere.
Submission and reviewing will be on-line, managed by the START system. The only accepted format for submitted papers is PDF. Supplementary material- if any, in the form of tools or resources- must be in the form of a single .zip or a .tgz archive file with a maximum size of 10MB; otherwise there are no constraints on its format. Submissions, together with all supplementary material, must be uploaded on the START system by the submission deadlines; submissions after that time will not be reviewed. To minimize network congestion, we request authors to upload their submissions as early as possible (especially if they contain large supplementary material files).
Submission link: https://www.softconf.com/coling2012/OTHLT15
All foreign nationals intending to participate in the Congress/ meeting, except those of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, are required to obtain an Indian VISA. There is no provision for 'VISA on Arrival' in India. For details, refer to:
In case of difficulties, please get in touch with the conference secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions Deadline: October 20, 2012
Notification of Acceptances: November 05, 2012
Camera ready submissions: November 15, 2012
Workshop Date: December 8, 2012
-Ramiz M. Aliguliyev, Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, Azerbaijan
-Timothy Baldwin, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Sivaji Bandyopadhyay, Jadavpur University, India
- Malay Bhattacharyya, Kalyani University, India
- Benjamin Boerschingen, Macquarie University, Australia
- Monojit Choudhury, Microsoft Research India
- Walter Daelemans, University of Antwerp, Belgium
-Gaël Harry Dias, University of Caen Basse-Normadie, France
- Soumyajit Dey, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India
- Patrick Saint-Dizier, Institut de Recherches en Informatique
de Toulouse, France
- Lan Du, Macquarie University, Australia
- Alexander Gelbukh, National Polytechnic Institute (IPN), Mexico
- Veronique Hoste, University College Ghent, Belgium
- Nitin Indurkya, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Jagadeesh Jagarlamudi, University of Maryland College Park, USA
- Zornitsa Kozareva, Information Sciences Institute / University
of Southern California, USA
- A Kumaran, Microsoft Research India
- Pabitra Mitra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Samrat Mondal, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India
- Anirban Mukhopadhyay, Kalyani University, India
- Massimo Poesio, University of Trento, Italy
- Alexander M. Rush, MIT/Columbia, USA
- Ashok Singh Sairam, Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Soumi Sengupta, Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata, India
- Jyoti Prakash Singh, National Institute of Technology Patna, India
- Olga Uryupina, University of Trento, Italy
- Sriram Venkatapathy, Xerox Research Centre Europe, France
- Jose Luis Vicedo, University of Alicante, Spain
- Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.
- Asif Ekbal, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India
- Sriparna Saha, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India.
- Mark Johnson, Department of Computing, Macquarie
- Diego Molla-Aliod, Department of Computing, Macquarie
- Mark Dras, Department of Computing, Macquarie University, Australia.