International Workshop on Semantic Evaluations
an ACL-SIGLEX event
Call for Participation
SemEval 2013, the 7th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluations, invites participation in broad range of tasks in the semantic analysis of natural language. The aim of the SemEval series of workshops is to extend the current state-of-the-art in semantic analysis and to help create high quality annotated datasets in a range of increasingly challenging problems in natural language semantics. For more information on SemEval, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SemEval.
Participants will be able to choose from a wide range of tasks in semantic analysis covering temporal expressions, spatial expressions, sentiment analysis, semantic similarity, textual entailment, bioinformatics, word sense disambiguation, word sense induction amongst others. Participants will be provided with training data sets well in advance to help them develop their systems.
SemEval-2013 is associated with the *SEM (Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics) to be co-located with the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics and Human Language Technologies 2013 conference (NAACL HLT), which will take place in Atlanta, USA, the week of June 9-14. The list of tasks with complete descriptions and task related data and scripts are now available.
Here is a short preview of the tasks that are being offered:
1. TempEval-3 Temporal Annotation
2. Sentiment Analysis in Twitter
3. Spatial Role Labeling
4. Free Paraphrases of Noun Compounds
5. Evaluating Phrasal Semantics
7. The Joint Student Response Analysis and 8th Recognizing Textual Entailment Challenge
8. Cross-lingual Textual Entailment for Content Synchronization
9. Extraction of Drug-Drug Interactions from BioMedical Texts
10. Cross-lingual Word Sense Disambiguation
11. Evaluating Word Sense Induction & Disambiguation within an
12. Multilingual Word Sense Disambiguation
13. Word Sense Induction for Graded and Non-Graded Senses
14. The Coarse-Grained and Fine-Grained Chinese Lexical Sample and All-Words Task
November 1, 2012 onwards Full Training Data available for participants
February 15, 2013 Registration Deadline [for Task Participants]
March 25, 2013 onwards Start of evaluation period [Task Dependent]
March 15, 2013 End of evaluation period
April 9, 2013 Paper submission deadline [TBC]
April 23, 2013 Reviews Due [TBC]
May 4, 2013 Camera ready Due [TBC]
June 13-14, 2013 [TBC] SemEval Workshop associated with *Sem Conference co-located with NAACL HTL 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
For SemEval related announcements and discussions you can join the discussion group at email@example.com.
Registration for SemEval-2013 is now open at:
The SemEval-2013 organizers: