Highlights of the Coling-ACL 2006 program include invited speakers and a panel discussion.
Language, gender and sexuality: Do bodies always matter?
Sally McConnell-Ginet, Department of Linguistics, Cornell University
Friday 21st July, 9:00-10:00, Bayside Auditorium A
- Argmax Search in Natural Language Processing
Daniel Marcu, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California
Tuesday 18th July, 9:00-10:00, Bayside Auditorium A
Challenges in NLP: Some New Perspectives from the East
Thursday 20th July, 9:30-10:30, Bayside Auditorium A
- Diversity and Universality: Are Asian languages special?
- Some critical linguistic differences in Asia and implications for NLP.
- Can the availability of detailed linguistic information (for example,
morphology) help in ameliorating the scarcity of large annotated corpora?
- Jun'ichi Tsujii, Professor, University of Tokyo, Japan and
Professor of Text Mining, University of Manchester and Director of National Center for Text Mining (NaCTeM), UK
- Benjamin Tsou, Chair Professor of Linguistics and Asian Languages, Director, Language Information Sciences Research Centre, City University of Hong Kong.
- Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Professor of Computer Science and
Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Aravind Joshi, Henry Salvatori Professor of Computer and Cognitive Science, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA